Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Some weeks.

So, I'm a little over 33 weeks pregnant. Here are the things we have going on/are praying for in terms of Baby J:

Five more ultrasounds/bpps.
One more order of lovenox.
Four more prenatal visits.
4.5 more weeks.
29 more days.
5,800 more counted kicks.
290 more tummy kisses from Eleanor.
Zero more times Eleanor decides she needs to see Baby J. in public and pulls up my shirt or down my maternity pants.

Some remarkable things about this pregnancy:

I have ZERO times gone so far into a tizzy that I ended up in the hospital. In fact, I haven't even once stormed the doctor's office. That may seem obvious to most people, but when pregnant with Eleanor, I would estimate my anxiety sent me to the doctor about one extra heartbeat check or NST a week from 11 weeks on. So, that's 26 extra times I visited the doctor. And, at least six times, I wound up in L/D triage because of my severe anxiety about her health.

So, I still wake up in the middle of the night crying. Not fun. And, wake Bill up with my fear that something must be wrong, but each time we have been able to work through it on our own. Maybe Sophie's grace, or Eleanor's life, or Baby J.'s general vigor, but I am doing my best.

Also, at Eleanor's 37 week delivery, I'd gained 50 lbs. That's quite a bit when you're 5ft 2in. This time, at 33 weeks so far, I've only gained 25 lbs (or so). So, I'd really have to put some effort in to gain 25 lbs in 4.5 weeks. If you know me, you know I'm working on it, though! (But, I will admit, I've been kind of a narcissist about my svelteness this pregnancy. Sorry if you've had to listen to that.)

I actually feel pretty good. I'll say it again. I feel pretty good. It's hard to get up, roll over, breathe, eat a 12 inch sub, etc. But, I am sleeping remarkably well. Get this, I even like sleeping on my left.

And, here I go jinxing myself, but I have NO heartburn! Heartburn has been like a nightmare through both girls in the past. With Sophie, I took nothing (didn't believe in TUMS, or whatever) and with Eleanor I carried antacids everywhere. But, it made no difference. Just like before, I had my typical heartburn in the first trimester. And, then gloriously it just went away. I know it could pick up any time, but for now I am feeling lucky.

I won't go on and on with my list of pregnancy "bliss" (haha, I still wouldn't go that far) because I will get a giant kick in the proverbial pants if I keep it up.

Here are my pregnancy woes:
I've had a medium-intensity cold for a few weeks.
I've peed my pants a few times. (TMI)
I get tired pretty quickly.
I am a wee bit more irritable than I usually am non-pregnant.

Man, that's not so bad. I am a lucky mommy.

Got to go, Eleanor is waking up, and she just said "Oh Yeah!" over the monitor.

1 comment:

melissa said...

TMI: i sometimes pee my pants a little too, and i'm not even pregnant. :)