Thursday, December 04, 2008

27 days.

There are two things about being pregnant right now with Baby J. that I will miss (even though, of course, it will be infinitely better to have her on the outside). Also, Bill and I talk sometimes about the possibility that Baby J. will be our last baby. And, if that is true, it adds a new element of "missing."

The first is Eleanor's tummy kissing. She knows "Baby J." and always wants to give her long kisses and to feel her kick. (Imagine her confusion when Baby J. becomes a baby, instead of a stomach!) But, I love the way she already loves Baby J. She is so gentle with my tummy. Of course, I will be happier when she is kisses and pets the "real" Baby J., but then Baby J. won't be behind my abdominal wall, so I won't be in on the action. I will miss that. (And, if this is in fact our last pregnancy, these will likely be the last times Eleanor kisses my tummy. I will miss that.)

The second is Baby J.'s kicking. That's a pretty obvious one. But, even though I freak out when she isn't kicking, when she is I savor it. She is a mover and a shaker, and I will miss those kicks in my belly. (Whether or not she is our last baby, these will be the last 27 days of Baby J. kicking and punching my tummy. I will miss that.)

That being said, hurray for Baby J.! 27 days - keep kissing and kicking, silly ladies!

No comments: