Tuesday, December 30, 2008

One Day-Day One. This time, it's like a word palindrome.

But, turns out, I've been mixing it up with the titles. (As in Day Four, Eight Days.) But, I do not have nearly the patience to go back through and doctor them all.

Today was my very first freak out to the point of hospitalization - good for me. Haha. And, C-Day minus One. Basically, I was up all night - again. And, by morning, I was convinced that Baby J. was not moving right. So, Eleanor and I packed it up and rushed to the hospital (a good 55 minutes from my house). My sister (God bless her and despite many "obstacles") met me there with snacks and books and stayed with Eleanor while I went back to triage.

Bill met us there, and they kept me on monitoring for almost an hour. The whole time, Baby J. shimmied and shook and the nurses looked at me like I was an imbecile. They then did a BPP/sonogram and decided that Baby J. looked supremely healthy. In fact, two sonographers looked for "reasons to keep [me] overnight," but couldn't come up with one. (And, at this point, I was feeling enough movement to make me far less concerned. AND, I was hearing that Eleanor was getting sassy and fighting kids in the waiting room.)

So, after another round of monitoring, they sent me packing. Or, unpacking. And, I came back here for one last night. But, we took a family trip for movies and snacks, so I am set up for lounging!

No more lovenox. No more appointments. 18.5 hours to Baby J.

Come on Baby J. - I am SO ready!

PS - The sonographer said she saw "loads of hair." So, who knows about my ridiculous predictions. Tomorrow, we will know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking curls!