Wednesday, December 03, 2008

28 days.

So, as of today, I have 28 days left until Baby J. makes her appearance (via c-section). I've decided to try ("try" is the operative word here), to pass the time by blogging once (maybe more) a day. I haven't quite honed the idea, in terms of what I'll be blogging about. But, each blog will have something to do with my hopes for Baby J.

Tonight's blog: What I imagine Baby J. will look like.

Now, I know that there is no way of knowing what your kids will look like. Even with increasingly clear ultrasounds and good genetic guesses. But, in my brain, I've tried to piece together what features she might have. Eleanor has my face and coloring, but Bill's beautiful eyes. Sophie had very dark hair. I think Baby J. might have silvery, darkish hair (more like Bill's). I think she might have eyes my color (mine are light blue, with a lot of yellow, and Bill's are a deeper ocean-y blue) and my complexion (like Eleanor). And, I hope Baby J. has Eleanor's face shape (because, duh, Eleanor's adorable!) But, I think she might take after Bill more in terms of proportion (which Eleanor certainly does) and size (which Eleanor does not).

Now that I've said all of this, let's assume NONE of it will be correct.

In fact, when I was pregnant with Eleanor, I thought she would have auburn hair. At birth, a mop of auburn hair? Haha. And, her face is much more animated and humorous than I imagined. Her eyes are lighter. (Sophie looked at birth much like I imagined she would.)

Anyway, an odd, chaotic first Baby J. countdown post. But, I wanted to start off with something honest, like some bad guessing as to her looks. :o)

2 comments:

Lora said...

I think Baby J is gonna be gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

I concure