Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas! Ho ho ho!

We had an amazing Christmas!

Both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were spent with family, and it was wonderful. First, Eleanor and I went to my mom's and baked cookies. Eleanor really enjoyed helping with the scooping and stirring! Then, following a brief anxiety attack (this stage of the pregnancy is very difficult for me), we went to Bill's Aunt Loretta's for her annual Christmas Eve party. I believe I ate ten crab balls. (Please, no one EVER tell me that they must have mayonnaise in them. I do NOT want to know. For now, I will assume vegan bread crumbs are used to make the delicious lump crab meat cohere.)

Then, we went back to my mom's for dinner! Eleanor absolutely loved the lasagna, and ate leftovers of it for lunch today! We had so much fun seeing my brothers, and my mom gave me a new CAMERA! So, I will be uploading pictures today. I couldn't be more pumped.

We didn't get home until about midnight on Christmas Eve. And, then we stayed up until 3:15 am (latest night ever) wrapping gifts, staring at our tree, being stupid, and laughing hysterically. I have to say it ranked in the top 1,000 times in my life. (I've had a lot of good times!)

But, then, we woke up to the alarm at 6:15 so we could get ready and be up and moving when Eleanor got up. We dragged her out of bed at 8 am and did our little family opening. We kept the gifts very moderate, so it was very quiet. Good thing, because after three hours of sleep, we didn't have the energy for much more!

Then, we left for our Christmas morning brunch with Bill's family. That was delicious, and followed by a present opening extravaganza. Let's just say, Eleanor has a whole new wardrobe and our "family" room has officially morphed into a "play" room. :o)

Finally, we went to my mom's for an open house with her siblings and my cousins. Eleanor had lots of fun tormenting Gladys (my grandfather's "friend") and rough housing it with Fiona (two) and Natalie (one), and then with Vincent and Victoria, her cousins.

Then, as we were about to leave, I began to feel ill. I proceeding to vomit the whole way home. When I got home, I took a steaming hot shower and passed out. I guess I'd just overdone it with the lack of sleep, majorly decadent food, and, oh yeah, being over nine months pregnant.

Once I figure out how to install my camera, I will be uploading the 170 pictures I took over the last 48 hours - be ready!

No comments: