Friday, December 05, 2008

26 days.

I have to admit, this is getting fun. It puts into perspective how quickly a day passes when you have vowed to blog! And, here I am, 26 days away from Baby J.

Here is something I will *not* miss about being pregnant.

Often, on busy days like today, I am going through my fun times and suddenly am overcome with a sense that I've forgotten something. And, I realize, in a the hubbub, that I've forgotten to count kicks. I know the sense of forgetfulness that comes with a newborn, and how frustrating it is. But, there is something much more urgent in realizing you've just forgotten to check and make sure your fetus is thriving. So, I am looking forward to holding her where I can see, smell, hear, and touch her. That will work much better than having her in the pouch. I am excited to move on to a whole different breed of anxiety about her newborndom.

Come on, Baby J.!

No comments: