Tuesday, December 09, 2008

22 days.

Well, I am one day from three weeks from Baby J. That makes it seem way worse than it is. This countdown seemed like a great idea, until now it feels like the days are passing like years. And I am afraid that my doctor, in the end, won't agree to December 31st. I simply can't wait to see Baby J. I can't spend more hours lying still, waiting to count kicks. The nerves are getting the best of me, even though overall I've been really good this pregnancy.

That being said, I am really excited to update my prediction on Baby J.'s looks. Rhonda, my very good friend and oracle of all things baby (who has correctly predicted all three of my girls' sexes), has decided that Baby J. could possibly have green eyes. Genetically, of course that's possible, as blue and green eyes (and most eye colors) come from overlapping genetic mutations. (See Lila Blue's amazing blue eyes, for anyone who knows her. And, please, if you are interested in this, I just spent 10 minutes on wikipedia's eye color page (PS - Charlotte, check out to "amber" section on this page. I think some of the Criss kids are "ambers." Fascinating.) Anyway, after thinking about it, I decided that Rhonda is pretty much always right - so I'll go with her! :o)

Come on green eyes! We can't wait to meet you.

No comments: