Saturday, December 13, 2008

18 days.

Ok, so I realize it's only 12:56 am on the 18th day of our wait for Baby J. But, we will be out all day tomorrow, so it's now or never. :o)

I have been having a lovely time with Eleanor, as she returns from her trauma. I have a renewed sense of patience with her, because I know her facial healing will benefit from less crying and extra kisses. (Yes, this means I am giving her most of what she wants. But, let's be honest, I wasn't doing great with the "not spoiling" to begin with.)

We are going to young buddy Jonas' fourth birthday party tomorrow (!) and I was considering deeply what Eleanor would be wearing. (Partly because she will have stitches in her face, I think she deserves to be extra festive.) I think, as it is a holiday themed party (his real birthday is three days shy of Christmas), Eleanor may be wearing one of my old Christmas dresses.

This was a dress I'd considered saving for Baby J. for two Christmases from now. (Because Eleanor has a Christmas and a Christmas Eve dress.) And, that reminded me that there is a similar/contrasting dress that would fit Eleanor Christmas of '10. I am excited to put my girls in not identical but complimentary dresses for many occasions to come. That is one of my favorite things. (Usually, I try to look for three - one for each of my girls. Although, I am not completely crazy and am broke, so I only buy the two that will get worn.)

Anyway, complimentary dresses. This 1 AM post was NOT a good idea. I am zonked. Too pregnant to be up so late. Complimentary outfits in general. Kind of makes me giddy.

Come on Baby J. - I can't wait to dress those little legs!

No comments: