Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Eleanor.

Well, I went back and forth on whether to post about this. But, I decided in the end to do it. Eleanor was bitten by our dog, Miles, yesterday. This resulted in an ER trip and 12 stitches in her perfect, beautiful, little face. (I decided not to post pictures, but it's not pretty.) She is swollen and shaken, but ok. The bite was not disfiguring or medically damaging, so we are very lucky. We had to sign Miles over to the humane society. It was a terrible day.

All I can ask for is a brief thought for her healing. We know she will be fine and that there are other people out there who need warm wishes for more painful or pressing situations (so get to them first!), but the risk of infection and scarring are high. And, we know that she is young and will recover emotionally just fine. Nonetheless, if you have a moment, think of her healing. Thanks friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear dear eleanor. our dog, mooka, bit addison below the eye when she was about eleanor's age. it was awful, but not nearly as severe as eleanor's! i know it is so scary especially hearing the sounds of such situations! i prayed for her and that she doesn't develop a fear of dogs and that she heals without scars on that beautiful face! lindsay

Lora said...

I'm so sorry :(

Lily has a scar under her eye where she pulled a table over on herself. Its hardly noticable, but it definately adds character. I'm hoping Eleanor heals up completely. Young skin is good like that! Sorry about your dog :(

M said...

Oh now, I am so sorry for all of you. Poor Eleanor :( You both must have been so scared. She will heal, it will just take time.

Poor, poor, poor little girl :(

Leslie said...

I am so, so sorry! You guys will definitely be in my thoughts.