Thursday, December 11, 2008

20 days.

Today I saw a tiny baby in the doctor's office. The mom had unbundled him and he was wearing a red and white candy striped suit. He had this golden hair and weighed 6 lbs 14 oz. That's half a pound more than Eleanor at birth. I absolutely couldn't take my eyes off of him. It was just amazing what a pint-sized little man he was. I had forgotten how small and beautiful a new baby is - and how tiny and formed each spindly, widespread finger really is. I am so excited to learn Baby J.'s intricacies. There will be so many nuances of her little silly self. Much like I know the road map of Eleanor's little person, I will be blessed to know that about Baby J. And, while her personality will take time to emerge, in 20 days I will be able to start learning her. That is such an amazing gift.

Come on Baby J. - we want to start snuggling you!

No comments: