Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful.

I am really thankful this year. Duh. It's Thanksgiving, so that's not a novel sentiment. But, here is my short list:

Our big, extended family. The delicious food we ate today, prepared with love. The hugs we got and were able to give. The warm houses we visited. And, all the happiness all around.

Our babies:
Sophie Salome, the smiling angel.
Eleanor Angelina, the sweet tot (who was a complete joy today and gave kisses and laughs to all 31 people who were lucky enough to see her).
Baby J., the silly and squirmy.

But, the award goes to Bill today. Bill has gone above and beyond lately. Today was his first day off in 31 days, as he's been working full time and replacing all of Grandma Jean and Dr. Dean's windows. This means he's been working, among other things, so that we can afford for me to just be home with my babies for a little while. Monday, he starts a new, very different, much deserved job at his company. He is taking in stride the fact that we don't know all of what that will entail. He is finishing up a full course load of all upper level credits (his second-to-last). He also has to be married to me, and that is a chore in itself. I'd like to say I am a wonderful wife, and he probably would say that to anyone who would listen, but I am fully aware of how difficult I am. And, I know he loves me for my "spunk," but sometimes I am a total pain. And, I know Eleanor is the most amazing little lady around, but sometimes she is a sassy little fit thrower. And, I know how hard it is to parent an angel baby, and wait on a baby being born. And, yet with all that he has going on, he never abandons his sense of humor, heart, or thoughtful nature. Today, with all I have to be thankful for, I know especially how much I have to be happy with in my husband.

I love you, buddy.

1 comment:

melissa said...

awesome that he got the job. that is THE job that we had discussed so many walks ago, yes?


and, awwwww. :)