Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"Baked" has taken on a whole new meaning...

Today, Eleanor and I baked the day away. There are no pictures of us (even though I promise these sweets are homemade) because actually Eleanor was napping most of the time and I am immensely round and covered with flour.

Why would I be so round, you wonder? Well, maybe because I am over eight months pregnant, and always (pregnant or not) absolutely love food. Haha. Anyway, what follows: one sweet potato pie, one blueberry pie (winner of the best-looking pie award as far as I'm concerned), one apple crisp, two loaves of banana bread, and one loaf of apple nut bread. Also, in the pot is a half simmered corn chowder (not looking its best yet), which will be ready later and we will eat for dinner! The smells in here are enough to make a person full. :o)

(And, ironically, with all this, all I've eaten today are two PB&Js, with two accompanying glasses of soymilk, and two pieces of toast - pathetic.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so0oooo hungry right now... I am coming over!

melissa said...

it all looks fantastic! i would like to have some now, please. yes, all of it.

M said...

Wowza, nice work! I cooked for hours last night. It is such rewarding work!

Leslie said...

Oh my god. I want some of that blueberry pie. Right now. It looks delicious!