Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I am wagging my own finger at my own self.

I know, I know. I have been terrible at posting pictures of these girls. Today, computer be darned, I will post some. I promise. Maybe the actual collapse of the computer will be the impetus we need to finally go splurge on another one. So, in lieu of pictures (for right now), I will post an update on the Bayly ladies, plus Bill.

I sent my graduate school applications - and I'll let you know how that goes. So nerve-wracking. And, hopefully, I'll be starting school as soon as Bill finishes. He is taking his last three classes right now! He has also just started making his fourth guitar. We are busy busy!

As for now, I am a total milk matron. I spend four or more hours a day actively producing upwards of 40 oz of milk, I would guess. Through a combination of nursing (vastly improved), pumping, lanolin, silicone, plastic, herbs, and perseverance, Josephine has gotten breastmilk only. (And, Eleanor is happily getting her share of children's television.) I have the kind of oversupply that most people, honestly, would work to correct. But, as I do with some things (there is really no predicting which ones), I took this on as a challenge. How much milk can I make? Apparently, the sky's the limit.

And, in case you're wondering how Josephine's fairing in this milk-whirlwind, she weighed in yesterday at 8 lbs 12 oz! (Up from 6lbs 1 oz less than four weeks ago.) And, she needed to nurse, so I speculate if she had, she'd be creeping up on 9 lbs! Her legs are getting so chubby and wonderful! Also, Bill and I have each gotten one real smile. Yay! And her eyes are getting bluer by the day. She is as cute and sweet as can be. She continues to be a total cuddle bug, which I must admit is lovely. But, she really loves to poop and vomit - that is not as lovely.

It's 2009, and so it's about time to begin working toward the March of Dimes/March for Babies. Team Sophie will be walking again this year! It's sooner than I thought - April 25th - mere days before Sophie's half birthday (haha)! (I thought it was more like May - eek!) We'll be doing the Montgomery County walk again, because it's fairly central for everyone. If we get a day half as nice as last year's walk, I will be pumped!

As for Eleanor, she is most likely to be found running the show. She marches around the house, pointing and demanding that "baby" be put "down," "up," in the "seat"; "clo" (clothed) in a "blankle" (blanket) or "hat"; or that I check her for "burp" or "poooop." This is most often mandated with a snack cup of "cookies" (animal crackers) and sippy of "juuuuice" (almost always water) in hand. (She has currently decided her bowl of eggs is a "hat." She thinks hats are so awesome. Apparently anything can be a hat.) She is also very into Fancy Nancy right now. "Nannyyyy!" she screams as she runs for the book in the morning. Few things could be cuter.

Pictures to come.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hooray! Can't wait to see pictures of the Bayly kids.

What are you going to graduate school for? How in the world did I miss you were applying to graduate school? That's great!

Don't you love those first real smiles?