Sunday, February 15, 2009

Call me the Pied Piper...

...because I have a follower! I'm not sure how I like saying that, but it feels good to know someone is interested. Well, so my (admittedly large) egomaniacal side has a question. What must someone reading this think of me when they happen upon this blog? (Don't answer that, but it just comes from something I've been thinking about blogging about for a while.) I read some blogs, obsessively even. I'm not talking about any of you reading this - I mean "those blogs" that are super "in" and have about 5 million hits. No offense to the bloggers reading this - I read your blogs too, but I genuinely like you and your lives. These other blogs - sometimes I find myself so very at odds with them. There is one particular blog I can't seem to stop reading. She gets about 300 comments a day - it is wild. And, I can't help but feel a little bad reading it, because I am not sure I like her and her values. She is very conservative (unlike myself), and that can be hard for me to stomach, and yet I read. She also seems a little pompous (which maybe I can be, possibly). I guess the very nature of blogging can be pompous - as in, "Here are my thoughts for the world to read," as if the world cares. Anyway, so I wondered if I would, if I happened upon my blog, have a love/hate relationship with me.

And, my voyeuristic side (also sizable) is very fond of my one follower - I think she is mysterious and fascinating.

Finally, J, I agree totally about the captchas that look like words. Like, if it says "forder," I get so excited. But, "ghtry" sucks.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Gotta love followers :)

I feel weird about reading those "big" blogs. There was one I followed, inspired originally by a sad topic, that focused a lot on faith, which both uplifted me and weirded me out. Weird how that happens, right? I still peek in from time to time, because there are some lives I want to peer into and blogging is my only window.

I'm glad to now be caught up on your life as well. Those girls are GORGEOUS!