Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Product of the Day.


So, for anyone out there who is lactating or planning on it, I may have the product for you. I have had a more than adequate supply to feed Josephine and put milk aside. But, of course, I've experienced plateaus and dips in my supply.


When the first such dip came, I called my lactation consultant in a frenzy. I told her I was planning on going to the health food store to get fenugreek (in addition to nursing/pumping more), which had worked for me with Eleanor. She told me she had a better suggestion. But, I thought she was trying to take me for a ride (despite appearing like the kindly old woman-living-in-shoe, she is shrewd and has a thriving consulting business).


She said that better than fenugreek was a tincture called More Milk Special Blend by Motherlove (with fenugreek, but also goat's rue, blessed thistle, nettle leaf, fennel, water, and vegetable glycerin). Hmmph, I thought. We'll see. And, I bet you have a bottle for sale right there. Lo, she did. For $24. But, always the sucker, I bought the thing.


That night, I began (at her suggestion) taking a half dose. I only needed two days of that to see a noticeable leap in my supply! So, I stopped taking the herbal concoction and my supply remained plentiful. Yesterday, I began to worry about a drop in supply, so today, I've taken the drops as indicated and ALREADY I am seeing an improvement.


Anyway, my point - this stuff rocks my socks. I can't recommend it enough. But, I'll try! I am told they sell it at most health food stores, but also on Amazon.

No comments: