Saturday, February 07, 2009

Things I remember.

Now, with another newborn in the house, I am remembering all the things that are sweet about a baby this small. I'd like to make a list, so that when my newborn days are over, I never forget.

1) The way, when you are burping a newborn on your shoulder, she turns toward you, nuzzles into your neck, and makes those very sweet, contented breathing noises.
2) The way she spontaneously shoots one arm up seemingly in a demonstration of power.
3) The way her fingers and toes twine into the holes of a knit blanket.
4) The way her hair feels as I rub my cheek against it.
5) The way her cheek is so soft that I am not even sure I am touching it.
6) The way when she stretches with her arms straight up, her little fists only reach the top of her head.
7) The way she holds my hand, and even when I need my hand for something else, I can't bear to pull it away.
8) The way she changes every single day (more wakeful, more smiley, chubbier thighs, longer eye lashes, etc.).
9) The way she needs me.
10) The way she looks at everything with wonder and her "Oohh" face.

1 comment:

Lora said...

That made me a bit choked up...I can't wait :)