Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Three Stars.

I've been missing you lately, Sweet Girl. I don't know how to place you with your sisters. I don't know how to miss in a way that is "right" without dwelling in times to which I can't return. Life has taken on so much bustling and laughter.

In the mornings that are cool, I anticipate you. In the nights that are hot, I imagine with excitement. And, then, I miss you. So, I do what I can.

I am just this person, who misses you. I don't fight the feelings when they come.

This song is one I listened to when I was pregnant with you.

I hope, if you are reading this, friends, you see the beauty of this song. (Even if it is about a UFO. Haha. Everyone, even sweet spirits, must have senses of humor about these things.)

1 comment:

melissa said...

I hope that I'm understanding this right and that this comes out right...

I have to feel that whatever way you choose to miss her is the "right" way. Even if that means having snatches in a day where you do dwell.

When I'm feeling seriously down (and it can at times get pretty bad), I definitely allow myself to dwell and wallow. I feel sorry for myself and hate the world. I take it to the nines. (Not the same at all, and I sincerely hope you don't feel that I'm trivializing your loss of Sophie.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is to allow yourself to do what feels right to you, even if that means dwelling at times. I don't think there's a book on how to grieve a child in the "right" way, so how you choose to do it is the right way.

Anyway, if you're free tomorrow morning, let's do something! :)