Thursday, July 02, 2009

They just happen.

One. Josephine can sit. Oops. I missed it. I just put her up one day and - bam - sitting. Oh yeah, she's six months old. Yikes. I guess that makes sense.

Two. Eleanor is potty training. I think. Maybe? I must tell you, I'm in no rush. I've definitely had a nonchalant attitude when it comes to crossing this bridge with her. (In fact, I've tried to ignore the topic for the most part.) Occasionally, over the last few months, she wanted to use the potty, so I let her. If she did, I gave her a sticker. If not, oh well, diaper time. But, she seems to be exclusively pooping on the potty. Peeing is trickier, but she is definitely telling me when she needs to go either one. (And also using "Potty" to get out of sitting at the table, getting in the car, or taking a bath - or, of course, for gratuitous naked time.) I know many people see the positive not-changing-diapers aspect of potty training. But, I err more on the negative flying-to-reststops-or-(Bill)-doing-more-laundry side. But, that too shall pass. I'll keep you up to date. :o)

4 comments:

melissa said...

we put a regular potty chair in the car now. that way there is no need for rest stops and random Exxon gas station visits. just a tip :) and, whoo hoo eleanor!!! and, good for you for being nonchalant about it - i tried not caring, but when it comes down to it, spending 20 bucks on diapers every two weeks was starting to suck.

melissa said...

(or whichever gas station ... why i wrote Exxon, i don't know.... )

CAGB said...

That is most excellent advice.

Charlotte : ) said...

Kids can pee in almost anything. The boys have peed in coke bottles and used diapers. Juliet has peed in a Dixie Cup. You'll be amazed.

Can you tell we've driven across the country with four children a few times?