Thursday, June 11, 2009

Doubling back.

It's so funny how I always wanted Eleanor to be a big girl. And, I'm loving it now that she is. (In some ways. However, it is of note that I am in no rush to potty train, although she does poop and pee in the potty occasionally, or to put her in a toddler bed.) She is so smart, talks beautifully in really great sentences lately, and understands everything. She is so very two.

But, with Josephine, all I want is for her to stay a baby. Twice now, I've given her rice cereal and gone back to breast milk only. She devoured it, but I am just not ready for her to be the big baby she is becoming. I've also let her spend one night in the nursery with Eleanor. Now, she's back in my room. I just want to keep snuggling her like a newborn. I know I only have a little tiny bit more time of my new, small baby. And, before I know, she'll be toddling around. She is already "talking," rolling, playing with her feet, standing holding my hand, and working on sitting. It is begrudgingly that I let her go on to non-newborndom.

Although, I have to admit, I know two big girls will be lots of fun!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Abigail is still in her crib, and I am in no rush to adjust it to a toddler bed. Also, we've backed off the potty business, letting her take the reigns again. Pull-ups don't work and I haven't had the energy to leave her bottem-less. :)