Thursday, June 18, 2009

I just knew it...

Eleanor has always had a great vocabulary. Like, amazing. She started talking very early (she said "dog" around eight or nine months and moved on from there) and knows as many words as anyone I know. But, her sentence formation hasn't gone quite as quickly. Or in the normal way. I've said this before, but she doesn't really do as much repetition as I'd imagined she would. (Of course, she says things, "I want it. I don't want it. I want to. Don't want to. Play outside." Etc. I told Bill I thought any day she'd start sentences like crazy. Lately, as her vocabulary reached a pinnacle (as in, she knew ALL the words), there was only one choice - start really using them together. And, in great ways. Here are some highlights.

"Mommy...(pause)...Monsters scare me. Mommy...(pause)...big trucks scare me, too. Oh fast. Mommy, Jackson loves big trucks. Not scared. I love Jackson."

"Mommy...You funny feet. Me sock two feet. Two feet. Two socks."

"Want chocolate milk. Me. In cup. With top."

"Want more lotion my hands two."

Eleanor just told me to take a nap, sang a song, and shut me in the bedroom. She is still singing. Now, she just "checked on" me. Apparently, I am still sufficiently napping, because she is gone again. Oh, "More chocolate milk please." Because "It's gone." My "nap" is over.

1 comment:

melissa said...

lol! this is awesome!