Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Questions for my doctor today.

Why haven't I, until yesterday, heard the term "placental abruption" used in relation to me?

Did I, in fact, hemorrhage last time? (Maghak said that, when pathology was done, it stated that I had, in fact, hemorrhaged, which he equated with P.A.)

Why have I gone through this pregnancy under the impression it was no more likely to happen again? (When I have now read it is up to a 10% chance.)

Is the monitoring we are doing likely to help if it *does* happen again?

If so, should I be doing more?

How much should I be limiting physical activity? Should I be on bed rest?

Are there any symptoms I can be looking for? (I have read that, for the most part, P.A. is asymptomatic.)

Is a Cesarean better? Should I be considering that?

Lovenox - helping or hurting?

If Maghak was wrong, I need clarification as to why he thinks this? Why he said it?

If not P.A., but only Maternal Fetal Transfusion occured, then should we be checking the blood flow?

What are the real chances that M.F.T. could happen again?

How soon can we do this? 13th? 16th? Sooner with an amnio?

1 comment:

Lora said...

I'm so hoping you get the answers to all of these questions very soon. But more than that, I'm hoping that Bayby makes a screaming, joyful arrival and your fears subside.

Also, don't be afraid to regulate and be a b**** if you don't get solid enough answers. Advocate for yourself until someone gives you something you can work with!