Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Answers.

Dr. SnarlyPrick (known as Maghak) is an idiot. I am not to see him anymore, says my OB. (I am only to see Dr. Soft Hands (known as EK).) Maghak apparently scanned my chart and made an assumption that I must have had a placential abruption. This assertion was denied by my OB, who showed me my records (boasting a healthy placenta). So, no abruption. That, of course, does not rule it out this time, but was not a surprise new cause of Sophie's loss. And, I don't have an increased risk of an (in our case, fatal) abruption this time. That is something to be thankful for (because it takes a bit off my plate heaped with worry).

AND, it looks like no later than six weeks from TODAY, BaybyBLSTM will (hopefully) make her appearance!

So, as bad as the last few days have been, yesterday evening and this morning have been good.

Last, but absolutely not least, thank you. I feel like so many of you in the "web" of support have come out to let us know about your prayers for Bayby, and shown such genuine concern for her well-being. Emails, comments, phone calls - the works. Thank you.

4 comments:

M said...

THANK GOD! Dr. SnarlyPrick is an idoit!

Glad you are feeling a little better:)

Lora said...

I like the name SnarlyPrick -- very suitable. I can't believe there's only 6 weeks to go! I hope they fly by for you!

Anonymous said...

Down with SnarlyPrick. It's really great that doctors make things up to worry the already worried. Go Bayby!!! Go Cat!! CANNOT WAIT to see beautiful new Bayby. I envision what she looks like. She's smiling, and probably snickering at all the goings on. Completely oblivious too, and playing with her toes:)It's the final countdown. woohoo!!

Anonymous said...

a big sigh of relief over here from me. you are always on my mind (ha - willie nelson), but even more so since that one post. 6 weeks!!! 6 weeks!!!! awesome!!! hoping that it goes by quickly for you... although, if you're feeling like i am right now, even 4 weeks is DRAGGING. i think i need your e-mail address, by the way. i need a better way of communication than this since myspace has bit the dust.