Monday, March 30, 2009

Three things.

One.

Talking to Eleanor is like decoding some sort of puzzle. I hope she soon learns how to use something other than nouns, untensed verbs, and a few adjectives. Some conversations are easy, like, "Eleanor, are you done with breakfast?" "Done. Down. Out. Wipe. Dirty." So, I get her a wipe, she cleans her hands and face, she gets out of the seat. Or "Baby. Mad. Cry. Passy (Pah-ee). Stop." Or "Hair. Bow. Tights. Cute." Or "Bite. Toast. Please."

But, what am I supposed to garner from "Minnie. Ow. Yellow. Bear. Purple. Bubbles." Any thoughts?

Two.

Josephine has been having a rough time. I think she is having indigestion from something I am eating. My first course of action is to limit coffee to after collecting milk for her. I am not sure what else it could be. But, I drink A LOT of coffee. Which I guess could explain why she's so attached to me - she's addicted to the stuff.

Three.

Have you noticed how sad the blogs seem to be? Why is it that all the most popular blogs are wrenching stories of sick and even dying children or family members? I guess there's a big group of prayerful people out there who are attracted to people they can pray for - and I think that's nice. But, I know even my own blog reached its peak number of comments when I was posting about Sophie and my sadness at losing her. What draws us to the sadness I wonder? And does it ever get to be "too sad" to read (or even write) anonymously on the internet? I guess I just am pondering these thoughts as my heart breaks over the sad sad stories of strangers.

1 comment:

M said...

About number 3- people don't really talk about how they feel unless they are expressing pain. We all run such scheduled lives that we don't tap into our emotions... it is easier to tap into another persons emotions for a few minutes...then back to facebook or Perez.