Friday, March 06, 2009

Quick rant(s).

My house is a mess. Like a horrifying mess. I just feel like, in the moments I am not feeding or bonding with Josephine, Eleanor needs to be engaged. (And, if you're going to say that I can let her be independent some, trust me, I do. She does her thing a lot - in fact, they both do. And, if she's being safe about it, it's AOK with me.) Back to this mess - as in dishes, crumbs, coffee, clean laundry, unmade beds, toys, crayons (f*ing "cray" everywhere). It is driving me the last mile to Crazytown. But, as soon as the girls nap, I am cleaning this nonsense up.

Eleanor is eating avocado with her feet. There isn't enough coffee on Earth to help me to explain that.

There are somewhere between two and three HUNDRED ounces of breast milk in my freezer.

Eleanor is hanging on me (done with lunch) - actually hanging - crying to watch "Bob" Marley or "Chicka Chicka "Boom Boom"." Now she fell off of me and is mad. Now she has thrown herself on the baby, looking for comfort. Nap time, I think.

I haven't showered. There is tape stuck to my foot. I have a pocket full of pacifiers. My right breast is engorged. Josephine is crying. And, we are completely and totally OUT.OF.WIPES.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't come see you; my car is at the station getting the oil changed. But I miss you and the dollbabies. Call me when your phone is charged again.
love,
mom

Jessica said...

Oh MY GOD! Thats all I have to say.

melissa said...

i feel you. my family room (aka playroom) is a complete disaster area. i also have clean laundry that has yet to make it to it's final destination. i have dirty laundry that has yet to be washed. dirty dishes, clean dishes, etc etc ... it's a never ending cycle of craziness. and i don't even have a newborn to "blame" it on. damn.

M said...

Preach it sister. It is amazing how it all builds up on you. Give yourself a hug. You are doing great.