Monday, March 30, 2009

The girls are napping...

...and I had planned to write about something serious. A bit of a personal crisis (of belief and lifestyle) I think I am having. Many feelings are swirling in my head at this moment. I planned to capture it on paper before it slips away.

But, then something funny happened and I think I'll write about that instead.

Eleanor spent the day with Daddy at Mimi and Pop's yesterday, so she didn't get her normal nap. (This is something I think is worth it if she has the kind of fun I know she has with her grandparents and Mahny, Kiki, and Tom.) But, so I wasn't surprised when I put her down today and she began to play. Even though she had nearly fallen asleep in my arms on the way to bed, an hour later she was still playing up a storm. I put Josephine to sleep. Still playing. I ate lunch. Still playing. I started one and folded another load of laundry. Still playing. I vacuumed the whole downstairs. Still playing. Before I sat down to pump, something told me to pop in there. And, thank goodness I did. Eleanor had taken off her pants and unvelcroed her diaper and was about to dig into a stinky pile of poop. Amazingly, none had escaped from the diaper. But, it was about to be a giant disgusting mess.

The era of potty training has begun. I've been trying *not* to mention the potty, because I think it will be easier when she is a little older (like at least two), not with a newborn (can't exactly be at her beck and call), and in the warmer weather (pants optional). But, her interest has been waxing. She talks about the potty. She is terrified and exhilarated at the same time. So anyway, no real developments, but potty business has just begun.

No comments: