Sunday, February 28, 2010

Replacing...

..."outfits" with jeans and shirts.
...grippy socks with shoes.
...soft blocks with puzzles.
...walkers with strollers.
...frantic points and wails with words.
...highchair trays with placemats.


And taking toothbrushes, crayons, beady necklaces, and crowns out of hiding. 

I have to accept it...Josephine is a little girl. 

She'll be walking any day.  Could even be tonight.  Really.  As Bill reminded me today, when she's footloose and fancy free, our conception of her will change entirely.  And, if you know Josephine, you know she'll be running as soon as she can walk.  She will probably give me gray hair this summer at the playground, but I am ready for it - I got out the 18 month playclothes, the sunglasses, and the strappy sandals. 

She is really changing too, with an arsenal of new words!  It's hard to even remember them all.  A quick list of what I can think of right now...duck, quack quack, dog, cup, milk, more, happy, hi, bye bye, Eleano(r), Daddy, Kitty Daddy, Momma, Geegee, Mimi, Pop, Pop Pop, backpack, Lila, Jackson, grape, apple, juice, cake, cookie, cracker, banana, sip, bite, thank you, please, dino, lamby lamby, doll, eat, me, bear, ball, balloon, clock, bath, fish, no, yes, book, read, this, that, nap, snack, up, cheese, baby, foot, hat, shoe, kiss, wipes, diaper, nose, teeth, tickle, bottle...  Ugh, I'm exhausted.  Time to stop making these lists.  But, friends, this is my baby book.  And, I have to write these things down somewhere!

*Oh, and by the way, I do know that my header features full-on drool and a bad
angle on Josephine's hair.  But you know what, at this point, that's just Jo.  :o)

No comments: