Tuesday, November 24, 2009

You know how some people jam the handle when you are trying to unlock the car doors?

And their impatience causes the door unlock mechanism to malfunction?

Well, it's that same sense of impatience and urgency that has made me jam my bags of breast milk around when reorganizing the freezer.  They're frozen, right?  So, who cares if they bang clamorously together while I shove them about?  Not me.  Until I put one in a mug, turn the tap to warm, walk away, return, and find the bag empty.  Upwards of 10 ounces, gone, straight down the drain. Turns out, rock hard bags of milk, when jostled and slammed often tear and shred in small places.  Be warned.

Speaking of rock hard bags of milk, I wish I could tear my boobs right off.  Just saying.  Another warning, it takes quite a freaking while to stop Medeling it.

Oh, and one more thing.  I am fully on mission sippy cup with Josephine.  She is not extremely into bottles anymore--she likes to chug on one while playing and put it down to get back to later.  And, as much as I love liquid gold drizzled all over my house, I think it would be far more sanitary to get her onto a cup sometime before she starts high school.  And, if she's not taking much b-milk from a bottle and isn't digging the cup, what is she drinking?  Not much, that's for sure.  So, I am looking to find a cup that she likes.  I've tried: Nuby (classic and hard top), Gerber, Avent, Playtex, a bunch of take and toss cups, and the next I plan on trying is a First Years cup recommended by my friend, Melissa.  And, I remember Eleanor liked the Nuby sport sipper.  I should buy stock in sippy cups.  Because, you know, they have that--a stock called "sippy cups."  I am a stock broker on the side.

Oh, and one more thing.  Napstrike 2K9 is back on.

1 comment:

M said...

I learned this lesson at one point. Always put the bag in a ziplock bag before you thaw!

Happy Turkey Day!