Sunday, November 08, 2009

My Umes.

I was just witness to the grossest scene of my life.  Grosser than two days ago when Josephine grabbed Eleanor's diaper, and before I could get to her, literally ate sh*t.  Grosser than this morning when I had to use nail polish remover (against my better judgment) to unpaint Eleanor's "lady parts."  Those are instances of kids being fast - they get into trouble lickety split.  But, this was just nasty.

Eleanor and Bill are outside raking leaves.  Well, Eleanor actually isn't raking at this moment.  She lost interest in that and retired to her playhouse, where I found her in her little rocking chair.  I opened the house's windows and found a knotted bundle of umes*. 

Me: "Oh, ew Eleanor look!"

Eleanor:  "I know.  Those are my friends, the umes*."

Me:  "You knew those umes* were there?"

Eleanor:  "I put those umes* there.  They are my friends."

(Eleanor then proceeds to pick up the piles of umes* and cuddle them to her bosom, petting them and rocking.  She sings "Rockababy in a tree top" softly to the umes*, and kisses them gently.  I vomit.)

*worms.

5 comments:

Myself said...

That is the weirdest, sweetest thing I think I've ever heard in my life.

If my kid's not as cool as yours, we may have to trade.

Anonymous said...

that just made my whole day.
-Maura

melissa said...

i dunno, i think JoJo eating E's sh*t may win for grossest thing ever.

Lisie J said...

I'm agreeing with Melissa on the grossness level. Worms I could totally deal with. Poop, not so
much:)

Bickerstaff said...

Addison played with a worm for about an hour while I washed my car one day... she thought it was the greatest thing... worms aren't so bad... I agree with the rest... I can't handle the poop!