Saturday, July 01, 2006

What a Day.

"It feels like an elephant is sitting on your chest - and shitting on your face." - Dr. Charles Gelso, describing his recent heart attack.

What a wonderful day I've had so far. I spent a truly whinerific morning, hanging on Bill, while he played the world's tiniest violin for my sorrows. That, however, was not even the best part. Haha. I finally left the house, resigning myself to the fact that Bill and I would have to part for the next few hours.

Here, the fun really begins. First, I went to Target, buying myself a MUCH-needed new bra. My sagging breasts are so freaking happy. And perky. I also bought new tank tops - only wearable with my newly invigorated pair of chest accessories. Then, I stopped by my mother's, where I changed into my stying new digs. Then, I strided model-style and fashion-forward to my childhood best friend's house. She wasn't home, but I spoke to her father for about an hour, and that was fun and certainly made me feel like a good citizen - verrrry wholesome. From there, I was off to the pool, where Bill's mom was coaching her team in a swim meet against my childhood pool. A loaded match-up for me, to be sure. Actually, I have no idea who "won". (In a swim meet, is one pool "the winner"? I think so...) Bill was there when I arrived. Always lovely. And the meet was full of energy, and it was wonderful to see Bill's mom and sisters in their element. After the meet, we had a wonderful lunch with my father and his "lady friend", Donna. (Naturally, my father spent the majority of time talking about "homely" people - as Bill and Donna looked on, shocked, and I tried my darnedest not to join in the mockfest. Not as wholesome, but he calls it as he sees it.) Then, I bought snacks and a tape dispenser (for packing!) and headed home. Upon my arrival, Bill presented me with a gift! A wonderful ring that he had stopped and picked out for me at my favorite place, Savage Mill. Could there be a ring more "us"? Bill rocks. My heart is more full even than my day has been thus far.

Now, the France v Brazil soccer game is on, AND I just ate a cookie. I mean, this is certainly not poetic, but today has been awesome! And, it is only 3:22.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New bra, new boobs, new ring. Sounds like a great day to me!
~Mary