Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Tuff Weekend

So, on Friday we found out that our brand new house is laden with mildew and animal urine. Sweet. We assumed our first project would simply be moving in. But, you know what they say about assumptions...And about new houses...Anyway, so we spent Saturday morning at the new house, slicing and tearing at the carpets we thought we would be living on. Now, we have to wait an entire extra week until the new carpets and floors are installed to move ourselves in fully.

Immediately after ripping out our carpets, we showered and were off to a wedding. A pretty odd wedding. Doves, jelly bellies, long lines and waits, and strippers. Interesting.

Then, Sunday morning, we were off to the Cedar Lane Unitarian Universalist Church. I mean, I am pretty liberal, enough so that I can laugh at the habits of the liberal intellectual DC elite. I mean, imagine...take a sampling of 100 college English professors, 25 yoga teachers, 150 PhDs in pyschology, 40 lawyers, 15 writers, 6 equine massuers and 30 Chakra practicioners. Then, gently stir into a house-sized portion of Ethos-brand water that has reached a rolling boil. Next, simmer on medium heat for 5 days, or until the yuppies have cooked down to half volume. At this point, you may ladle and enjoy this syrupy leftist compote. :o) PS - Their king may minister our wedding.

Finally, Bill and I parted ways, and I met my bridesmaids for some bridezilla marathon dressing room bonding time. I ended up so stressed by the end, that I chose red for the dresses. Red? Red. Red? Yes. Is there anything less me and Bill than red bridesmaid dresses? No. So, I am now reconsidering my color choice...And, Bill spent the whole day moving boxes into the kitchen of our new house. A hot endeavour, irritating for him as we cannot officially put anything anywhere else, because the kitchen is the only room with acceptable floors. Oh, and he paid our rent on the house we actually still live in. But, finally we are both home. Chinese food. Bandcamp, the movie. I guess I am in heaven.

Here are some pictures of me and Bill this past Thanksgiving, on our annual trip to Vermont. I put these up, because, as you can see from this posting, we are TUFF. Forgive my extra pounds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew that you, of all people, would be the bridezilla. haha. I didn't expect it.

Anonymous said...

It's Annie, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested