Friday, September 11, 2009

Eleanorism #2, and Bringing the Renaissance Back.

"Mommy, your tummy gross, uh uh, that dirt* on it? Hahahaha, Mommy's body. Hehehehaha. Mommy's body. Oh no...hehe."

So the painful realization is pretty much summed up right there. Eleanor takes some pretty fly, arty pictures. And, she was snapping pictures of me this morning. This happened to be a very lazy morning, so I was actually wearing a bra and underpants. (Don't judge, you know you've done it. :o)) And, Eleanor was just loving photographing the computer, my school papers, and by default my body. ("Cheese, paper." "Cheese, 'puter." "Cheese, breasts.") So, then we went to scroll through her handiwork. And, yikes, what the eff is that? My freaking body. Dessimated by pregnancy and nursing. Horrifying. That's a good reason to drop out of the bikini contest I'm signed up for next weekend, right? Haha. But, seriously, the only bonus here is that, in the Renaissance, women with bodies like this one were captured in art for enternity and lauded for their beauty. Oh, how aesthetics change. But, I've decided to bring the Renaissance back.

*She was referring to stretchmarks.

1 comment:

Myself said...

*because I'm sure you were making mudpies this morning and forgot to shower.

And yes, I tell myself the same thing every day...every time I have to see my body - gasp unclothed. "Four hundred years ago, you were the epitome of beauty." And you know, David fell in love with this clusterfuck. I should probably embrace it.

Speaking of bodies, captcha is wanitron...might close to wanton don'tcha think?