Saturday, September 20, 2008

Silly Baby J. and her incubator.

So, since my last post was an update on Eleanor, I figured I'd give an update on the myself-baby J. hybrid being I've become.

Baby J. is kicking around and wiggling quite a bit. (Not as much as I'd like, but that would be impossible.)

She seems to like very sweet foods and very spicy foods quite a bit. They always make her (me) very happy, but as of yet, I haven't had a single craving (with both S and E, I wanted meat and shrimp).

Her favorite position for kicking me is if I have one leg draped to the side. (Each of my girls has had favorite positions.)

And, like Eleanor, Baby J. is head down and to the left. (Eleanor was actually that way throughout my entire pregnancy, while Sophie preferred somersaulting.)

We're staying much more active this pregnancy. (With Sophie, I was like, "Oh, it's my first pregnancy - I'll eat pizza every night and lay around and see what happens." With Eleanor, I thought I needed to eat to feel her move, and I was afraid to exercise.) This time, I have only gained about 12 pounds. I am hoping to stay within a healthier range this time - like 40 lbs of weight gain or less. I think I can do it. I am eating reasonably and taking a long, vigorous walk every day.

I've been having dreams about a new, small baby. It's been lovely. (Although last night I dreamed I lived in a cafeteria and had triplets, but they were all different ages and sizes. I was proud because I was making so much breast milk, but then it all kept turning to tofu. Hmm, interesting.)

Still taking lovenox. Still being monitored very closely. (I start on the weekly ultrasounds in a month, and am at the regular OB every two weeks.) I am having my antibodies tested every three weeks. That's about it for now!

1 comment:

melissa said...

lmao about your dream - perhaps the thought of triplets was left over from our "storytime" event? no idea where the milk turning into tofu came from though.... :)