Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Updates on three.

Sophie's birthday is coming up. I am planning a little special something (details are likely to come). The autumn pre-season was starting out with some hard feelings and sadness. It is definitely difficult to be pregnant at this time, and to have Eleanor this wonderful, verbal, emotional, clever, and alert. This was a week with many tears, much writing, and at least one very meaningful and reassuring (and sweaty) conversation. But, after all that, I am feeling much more positive going forward, at least for the next couple of days. It is a constant and fine balance between mourning her death and celebrating her life. I have lots of thoughts here, but they need to incubate more before I throw them down in type.

Eleanor is a crazy person. She is the wildest little lady ever. She is walking, sometimes running - but that results often in falling. So, right now, she has a terrific shiner on her cheek. She is laughing, talking all the time, vehemently saying "No!" when she means it, giving kisses, and just being a loon. She continues not to be a snuggle muffin, to be super tiny, and to have an extraordinary energy.

New Bayby Bayly is pretty much chilling non stop, we assume. No kicks yet, but I am just over 16 weeks. (I felt Sophie at 16 weeks and Eleanor at almost 20 - so any time now.) This pregnancy has been different in that the third pregnancy is three times more exhausting. Also, it has been different because I have only gained a two or three pounds. But, of course, my stomach is pretty huge. We find out in exactly three weeks the sex of the baby. I am so excited. About 60% say it's another girl. And, 40% say boy. Both sides are emphatic. And, I get that girl feeling again, but I got a boy feeling with Eleanor. (This feels more like Sophie, like
"oh, definitely girl.") But, that makes me think I must be wrong and that it must be a boy, which would be wonderful! So, I am SO excited to find out, but will be surprised either way!!!

That is the update for now. I am off right now to force Eleanor to hug me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Giving hugs n luv to all three Bayly babies!!

XOXOXOXO