Monday, August 18, 2008

little c

This title is kind of funny for one reason and a potential suckfest for another.

One, Little C was my nickname at Burt's Bees (kindly dragged out through my pregnancy with Sophie when I was no longer a very "little" C). :o) That brings me very fond memories of people I really care about (hello!).

Now, though, little-c has taken on a second meaning. My bloodwork has come back with an antibody called the little-c antibody. This means that my system is fighting something. The immediate danger is that that "something" is our baby. Bill is being tested ASAP for the little-c antigen, which could give us some possibly difficult insight into what might be going on. The consequences can be many with something like this, but we are going to go forward with hope that our genes combined are not causing problems for our newest little silly pants. (And, then also (very much in second place) that the next step doesn't mean my elevated antibodies are evidence of my own system in distress.)

But, my understanding of this stuff is so very limited. I am asking all sorts of questions right now about what impact something like this might have had on my previous pregnancies and whether it might have had something to do with Sophie's totally unexpected passing. And, that would only matter in that it would likely terrify me into believing the worst will happen again (so better that I don't know).

If you know anything about this particular thing - please please write me a comment. If not, a quick prayer would be great! We go in next week for another chance to look at this silly baby via sonogram (and see the sex!!!).

Hope all is well!!!

aoihfjstesguasgdjk (Love, Eleanor)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending much happy and healthy vibes to your pregnancy for a healthy baby!!!

Much love Sweets!
XOXOXOXOOXOX

M said...

Aww Little C! I always think of you as Little C. :)

I will be thinking about you and the baby! Hopefully they will figure out what is going on.

I can't wait to hear what the sonogram says!