Saturday, August 23, 2008

Little, Microscopic, and Giant.

Our newest little silly has started kicking and really gyrating around. Of course, now the stakes feel much higher, as I've started really feeling some love for the little guy or girl. (Naturally, I did before, but now it's started feeling really real.) I've been nervous since the movement started about how much I'm feeling, but I'm trying to keep cool for everyone's sake.

According to the receptionist at my doctor's office who looked at my labslip, Bill's blood "is ok." Clearly not going to cut it in the information department. But, I am going through the weekend feeling good and hoping to talk to our high risk doctor on Wednesday (when we're there for our "big" appointment!).

As for the giant information, Eleanor took her first terrifying tumble today. She's started really running, and it's like the faster she moves, the worse her judgment becomes. We were getting Chinese food this evening at our all time favorite place. The owners, our buddies, always ask about Eleanor, so we decided to bring her in. We took her out of the car and Bill set her down to walk on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant. After two running steps (just to gain speed and force), Eleanor took a total face smash onto the concrete. Total skull on hard ground. We called everyone we could think of with kids, nursing degrees, or MDs. She seemed fine (after crying it out), but we almost had her in the emergency room. After talking to the pediatrician, and answering her myriad questions, we were convinced that taking her home and keeping an eye on her was the best option. She seems fine now, although we've kept her up WAY past her bedtime and she is starting to fall apart. Bed time. I'll try to wake her up in a few hours, as per the pediatrician's instruction.

So, things are good for now here with the Busy Baylys, minus the Redskins being simply destroyed (34-0 at halftime) by the Panthers. Great start, gentlemen.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Awesome that you can feel movement! I'm so not there yet. Are you going to find out the sex at your big appointment?

I've been googling this Little C thing since I read your post last week. I just can't get my head around it or what it could mean for you or the little one. I'm hoping everything is fine and you will have worry-reduced (it won't be worry-free, huh?) pregnancy.

Big hugs and keep posting!