Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bits.

Well, so I haven't done all the posting I've promised.  So, I'll start with why.  There are coincidental reasons, but there are also technological explanations for my absense.  And, no, it's not tech problems.  Very much the opposite.  I have the diabolical combination of an iPhone and Facebook.  So, I can post many of my pictures and thoughts with my thumb as it glides accross a tiny, perfectly pixelated screen.  With the phone, I take the pictures, edit the pictures, within moments am able to post them to facebook.  That's great, except it's made my fast, light, sleek, small, cute, green laptop seem as hulking and gawky as ENIAC.  So, my new mission is to email myself any photos I plan to use in posting. 

From here forward, this will just be a little, teeny, tiny  update on Eleanor and Josephine.  Just to catch everyone up.  And to train my brain to hold a thought captive for more than one minute.

Eleanor is hilarious.  She is still focused and independent (read: in her own world) about 50% of the time.  The other 50%, she is super social.  And 100% of the time, she is hilarious.  One of her "things" is pretending she is a baby when she gets out of the tub.  She wants to be wrapped like a burrito in her princess towel and cuddled. She uses an invisible pacifier.  She says "Goo Goo Gah Gah."  Then, she grows up fast.  All in this weird high pictured voice that she uses when imitating anyone but herself.  She says "Mama!"  And, makes me say, "Oooh, the baby said 'Mama'!"  Then, she starts saying words like "Necklace!"  And, I say "Oooh, the baby said 'necklace'!"  Then she says "pretty necklace."  And, you get the picture.  But, her new thing is not just to be a baby, but to be Josephine.  So, naturally, she insists on being called Josephine.  But, equally naturally, this is very confusing to real Josephine.  Today I told her as much.  This is how it went.

CAGB: Eleanor, who is this on your underpants?
EAB: No no, silly Mommy.  I'm not Ulnor.  I'm Jofine.
CAGB: Well, baby, I think this game might be confusing to the real Josephine.
EAB: She's the real Jofine, and I'm the SOY* JOJO!

*Eleanor detests soy milk - she won't even tolerate it in cereal.  So, all she knows is that there are real/regular/cow's milk, breast milk, or soy milk.  So, lately, anytime something is an imitation/not the genuine version of something, it's the "soy___." 

Josephine has begun with verbal antics lately.  For example, she wakes up from her nap and makes this hilarious faux-terrified expression, raises her eyebrows, and stage whispers "Mossies!"   To which I always reply, "Where?"  And she says, "O-sigh."  That means "Monsters!" "Where?"  "Outside."  She then runs to the nearest door or window and screams "THERE! SEE MOSSIES!"  She is a very silly sillypants.  She also does things like yelling "Oh wow!  'S Chockey!" when her milk is surprisingly a bit chocolatey.  And did I mention her voice has been likened to that of a baby dinosaur?  :o)

No comments: