Monday, January 04, 2010

Inspired by Ranting.

So, today I had a short and spontaneous facebook-mail-conversation with a friend (who I haven't seen nearly often enough in my life).  We were tip-tapping about blogging, commenting, inspiration, meaning, nonsense. 

But, when the email train slowed, I had the sudden feeling of not wanting it to end. 

I wanted to cry.

And, not like I teared up or felt sad.  But, I desired--wanted desperately--real talk and a good cry. 

I want to sit on a couch with a girlfriend. 

We would wrap our hands around enormous mugs of tea or coffee. 
In comfortable clothes. 
Warm socks. 
Legs curled under and gathered up. 
A blanket for each of us. 

We would talk about things that matter.
It would be meaningful conversation. 
The discussion would meander.
From things we've seen.
To what we've felt.
Many long pauses, built for real listening.

We might cry a little - no, certainly we would.
And, there would be laughing, too.
We would arrive fresh.
But, we would stay up too late--
in the darkness of morning we would stand and stretch.
And, we would feel so alive,
and it would be wonderful.

5 comments:

M said...

Agree. Agree. Agree.

Isn't funny how you want to talk about something but can't find the right person to share it with? Not because it is particularly private but the topic just isn't really relevant to anyone around you. That is the way yesterdays conversation was for me. Finally, someone else had something to say about the situation.

When ya coming? My house is freezing around the clock. I got a new blanket for Christmas that is perfect. Oh, and we have great mugs.

~Mary

melissa said...

I feel you. I think in this age of text messages and e-mail, people don't talk face to face often enough and leaves us wanting for more human interaction.

I'm also in need of some good girlfriend time.

Jessica said...

xoxoxoxo

Ms.Gelso said...

PICK ME!!! PICK ME!!!

Rumour Miller said...

Me too.