Saturday, August 15, 2009

So, for the record, I never coslept.

And, do you know why? Because for the life I me, I could not figure out how to get the side of the blasted cosleeper into cosleeping mode. And, sure, I brought the girls into bed with me at 5 am after long newborn nights of wailing. But, I am way too much of a nervous nelly to want them in bed with me all night. So, I basically used the cosleeper as a bassinet. I registered for and received it when I was pregnant with Sophie. It was set up in our room at the College Park house for months. When Eleanor was born healthy and (mostly) happy, out it came. And, she slept there for four months. Young Josephine was in and out of it until she was six months old, and pulling herself out of it. Haha. And, Josephine will almost certainly be our last baby. So, before we left for the beach, I took some sad-for-me-silly-for-them pictures of the girls in the cosleeper. And, then, my heart hurt as I put it away.

1 comment:

Charlotte : ) said...

I am mid-construction of Juliet and Lila's brand new bunk beds. I was taking the crib apart and realized, I have never not used this crib since SEVEN years ago when it started waiting for Connor. And I had to dismantle it and put it in the basement because the last child I will ever have is almost 2. I will quote Juliet:

"Oh, all the water is in your eyes? I'm so sorry."

Definitely made it worse. : )