Monday, June 16, 2008

Interesting Developments in Eleanor's Universe.

Eleanor is taking leaps and bounds. Here are some things I forget if I've shared.

Eleanor "does monsters." If you say to her, "Eleanor, can you do monsters?" she replies by growling what sounds just like the word "monsters." It's just loud growling, but we've practiced that since she started naturally growling around 8 months. Every time, Bill and I would say, "Are you doing monsters?" And, now, she knows the meaning of "Do monsters." It is a great trick for the supermarket line or at a restaurant.

Eleanor neighed like a horse for the first time today. We were practicing animal noises, and she neighed with full vibrato. That was pretty awesome.

Eleanor is really small. As in, she went from medium-small, to medium, to medium-big, to medium, to medium-small. The doctor isn't concerned, but I am having to stop myself from giving her a complex about food. (She already eats a ton!)

Eleanor is pretty much off of bottles. She dominates milk from the Nuby sportsipper. And, water from any other sippy cup.

When Eleanor sees something she wants to eat or drink, she opens her mouth and says "Aaaaa," and then points from the object to her mouth. It's pretty clear.

Eleanor's words now include duck, cup, book, Daddy, Mama, dog, ki-ca (kitty cat), hi, bye, wow, oh-boy, again, this, that, no, and so many I just don't understand yet.

Eleanor understands "hug" and "kiss."

When she gets really excited, Eleanor spins in circles on the ground (on her bottom). And, that is often accompanied by her trademark scream of joy.

Eleanor can climb the stairs in 40 seconds flat.

We just moved her to a toddler seat. So, for the last day or two her infant seat has been in the hallway near her room (on its base). I walked into the bathroom today for 30 seconds. When I emerged, she had climbed into the infant seat and was sitting there. She looked at me like, I'm ready - let's hit the road.

Finally, Eleanor plays a cute game. When we play peek-a-boo, I never actually say peek-a-boo; I always say, "There she is!" So, now I say, "Where's Eleanor? Where is she?" (Meanwhile she is covering her eyes with both hands.) Then, she throws her hands to the sides, and says "Da-dee-dees!" (Translation: "There-she-is!" So funny.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! she goes up the stairs faster than me! haahah!!!