Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sometimes...

...Eleanor is so sweet she breaks my heart.

Her hugs are few and far between, but when you get a good long one, you know it's genuine and that she loves you.

Her laughs are just as infrequent, but straight from the belly.

Her kisses are spontaneous.

Her snuggles are in the moments she needs you most. Or when you need her.

Her smiles are plentiful, but never disingenuous.

Her tears are passionate, if tricky.

She is fickle, transparent, and wears her heart on her sleeve.

This morning after her bath, Eleanor and I were reading books under the covers. We read four books, and then moved on to "Love You Forever." As I was reading and quietly crying, Eleanor over and over turned and hugged me then went back to watching and turning the pages. Finally, she snuggled in deeply with her arms around me, and fell asleep as I finished up the book. It was the most wonderful moment of my life.

I'll love you forever.
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be.

No comments: