Sunday, October 11, 2009

So what if I do?

So freaking what if I stop pumping right now? I am not saying that I'm going to. But, so what if I do?

I have over 1,000 ounces of frozen breast milk.

Which means, given that that would last about six weeks, Josephine would get breast milk until 11 months.

That also means that I've pumped approximately 7,000 ounces of breast milk in the last nine months.

I am sorry, in case you didn't notice the first time, that's 7,000 ounces.

So, let's say for the first three months, I pumped eight times a day for 30 minutes each. That's FOUR hours a day. Times 30 days a month (give or take). Times three months. That's 360 HOURS of pumping.

Let's say six times a day for the next three months. That's 270 HOURS of pumping.

Let's say four times a day for the next three months. That's 180 HOURS of pumping.

That means, over the last nine months, I've spent 810 HOURS PUMPING.

So, that also means that I've pumped give or take 540 times.

That also means, if it takes me 10 minutes to set up, sterilize, clean up, etc. to pump, I've spend 5,400 MINUTES PREPPING. That is 3.75 DAYS SPENT PREPPING TO PUMP.

On the up-side however, if formula costs $100 per month, I've saved my family $900 DOLLARS in nine months.

So, take that. So what if I stopped today?

No comments: