Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Eight and some.

Well, our little baby is not so little anymore. Eleanor is growing and doing more every day! She has been standing holding onto things for a few weeks. So, the couch, crib, coffee table, pews at church, and piano bench are all fair game.

She is "talking" constantly, and imitating sounds we make often. There are a few things she says that are "real" words (like "again" when we are playing certain enthralling games and sometimes "dog" (I think?)), but her favorite words are "diddle" and "diggity". She tries so hard to stay positive that even when she is the most angry with me (at dressing time), she balls up her tiny fists and mutters, "Diddle, diddle, diddly, diggity, diddle diddle." There has never been a cuter thing.

She is getting a little attached to me, hugging me very tightly when confronted with overwhelming social situations. She is still incredibly engaging, but she needs her mommy just enough - and I love it. I like that she is a little shy. (A very little.)

She is eating all sorts of fun things. Her favorites? Slices of orange and toast with apple jelly (or any jelly, but she is my little Apple Jelly, so that's what she gets).

Eleanor loves to be kissed on the tummy, and when she decides to laugh, it is truly infectious.

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure (my favorite is the last one - fist pump)!




5 comments:

Charlotte : ) said...

I am printing that last one out and framing it. That is the greatest picture ever.

Anonymous said...

I might do the same!!! I love the wild hair too! total rock chick!!!!

annie said...

These pictures are fantastic. She is truly a beautiful child. Is it possible that she gets cuter every day?

Anonymous said...

oh lil'C, those are great pics! She looks like a tough chic in the last one!
~mary

CAGB said...

I know - she's so Rosie the Riveter. I wish I could think of a cute parody using "Eleanor", but I am at a loss.