Friday, September 21, 2007

I must be a natural complainer...

...because Eleanor is actually an awesome sleeper. I am always like, "I am so exhausted, just so tired", bleh, eh, waa. And, I say it because it is true, but maybe it is because I am severely anemic, or fat, or lazy, or my days are hard, but it certainly isn't for lack of opportunities to sleep. At this moment, it is 3:19 am, and I am up pumping because Miss Eleanor has been asleep since, oh, 8:30 pm. That's right, going on 7 hours. And, she may want to eat at 4 am, or so, but after that she will likely sleep on in until until daylight. That z fest is all followed by a nap around 10 am, and another long one from about 1 pm to 3 pm. And, maybe a couple of catnaps in between. So, hmm, that totals 14 hours, approximately, of sleep. Now, I just need to ween myself off of checking on her literally every FIVE minutes, even at night. Maybe that's why I'm tired...

4 comments:

Lora said...

Lily is 18 months and I'm still beat too. As much as it may come from lack of sleep or whatever, I think the most exhausting part of motherhood is the never-ending vigilance. It is absolutely draining to always have to be "on" so to speak. Even when Lily is sleeping, I have one ear open for her. When she's playing, I gotta check on her a billion times. No matter how much they sleep or self-entertain, that vigilance is just part of it. It's nature, really, but geez, its freaking exhausting! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

It's funny you blog about this. I was just looking at Melissa's page, and saw that you were up at 3:30. It actually makes me feel sick to think about being up that long after watching over a baby all day. Not enough recognition is given to this feat. And you always sound so awake and coherent when I talk to you. How you do that is beyond me.

Anonymous said...

Dont worry I bet you have girlfriend that complain way more than you do!!! Actually I KNOW you do!... and you are allowed and deserve to complain about rest as much as you want my sweet catherine!

Leslie said...

It doesn't end. Sam is two and I still check on him every time I wake up at night (which is often - what is it about motherhood that affects your sleep so much)?

Oh, and I loved your comment about our teams playing in the playoffs. I am refraining from responding because I do not want to jinx us. :)