Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snowfall.

People say that they like the silence of a
snowfall.
Those precious moments when outside waxes silent as inside.
When the only sound is the whispered hiss of falling snow meeting its fallen brethren.
People say there is a peace unmistakable in a
snowfall.
Life as you know it halts - businesses close, schools delay opening, drivers coast mid-beltway.
As if a blanket has fallen over every bit of life beyond the walls of families, feelings, and homes. People love the way that the warmth of indoors juxtaposes the cold still-framed drift without.
Snowfall.

2 comments:

Lora said...

I love it! Poignant, yet simple. You are a true talent :)

Charlotte : ) said...

OH! You sweat me and my thick silences! I like anything that takes the edges off the entire world.

Aren't you glad we've had a week of *real* winter. I am.

: )