Saturday, October 14, 2006

A Perfect Day.

Well, it rained the morning of my wedding. I sobbed, screamed to the heavens, blasted tunes in the car and pretended it was sunny and warm, promised falsely my appendix, and went to St. Mary of the Mills to pray for sun. Who knows what happened (hopefully the powers-that-be will not someday exact from me one healthy, however moot, appendix), but we got sun! Our wedding went off without a hitch. By five o'clock, the sun was streaming through the leaves, just changing to shades of gold and rust. Our guests were arriving and seated in white chairs on the lawn of the garden where we wed, guitar strumming courtesy of Jon Parsons (a long-time friend). The men and women of the wedding looked beautiful. As my father walked me up the aisle, all anxiety drifted away. I felt beautiful, and sure my heart was in the right place, and being entrusted to the right hands.














I give my heart today, soft and lightning fast,
with a promise raw and brilliantly truthful.

I promise to carry you softly to harvest places, gold and lilting.
My promise is my bittersweet song when snow and dark have drifted heavy,
Blanketing our town in night’s lavender.

My promise is to hold you in my arms
And drink delicious moments of peace by your side
Until the moment we blend perfectly into nature.

6 comments:

CAGB said...

Okay, so a comment to myself. Why do all men look like "G"s in tuxes? Bill looks like some sort of hard core mafioso. The tuxedo, the boutonniere, the flowers, the kiss...Or maybe not...

Anonymous said...

I think men, when they put on tuxes, feel really studly. They stand a little staighter, walk a little differently. I don't know, I felt kinda nice in my bridemaid dress. Not quite like a mafiosa though...more like a good-lookin' maid.
PS the light in your pictures is amazing. The heavens were smiling on you that day.

Lora said...

I teared up at your poem. You are so lucky to have found a love like that, one that can survive the greatest joys and the greatest tragedies. I hope that your love will always remain as perfect as it was on your wedding day!

M said...

YAY! Congrats! You looked amazing and more importantly, so happy.

Anonymous said...

You made a beautiful bride! What a picture and what an amazingly gorgeous day! I am so happy for you two! CONGRATS!!

Anonymous said...

bill is a straight "G". well he thinks he is. hahahaa. xox.maura