Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm here at work.

But I need a break from the tapping.  So, I'm just here with a quick update on the kids. 

Eleanor loves me.  I know, you're thinking, of course she loves you.  But there was a while there that she did NOT love me.  Or wouldn't admit it more than once a day.  Now, she cries for me.  She snuggles me.  She falls asleep in bed with me at naptime.  It is heavenly.

She loves to replace words in songs with "Giant Meatball."  Like, "The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the...GIANT MEATBALL."  And then she cracks up.  So, not rapier wit.  But she's getting there.  She'll pretend one thing is another or give me a silly answer just to make us both laugh.  All with a mischievous smile.

Josephine has not yet stopped being obsessed with me.  But she's taken it to the next level with the holding.  She'll ride my leg like a needy child in a movie about needy children.  And she'll yell, "PICK ME UP!  HOLD ME NOW!"  It's vicious.  She's a little more polite when she's trailing friends or family wanting to be held, but just as insistent. 

She is Diego.  Or so she says.  She's doing so well with imaginary play (just like her sis).  And they're even making believe together.  What a great skill set.  They have full conversations and argument as themselves and other people. 

Jo: "I'm Diego.  Diego goes first."
E: "No!  Dora always goes first, because her's a girl and a star."
Jo: "I'm Sigga.  She's makes spicy noodles."
E: "No way!  Your noodles aren't spicy enough, Sigga.  Mommy actually eats cheese now.  Make it spicy with cheese."
Jo: "No, Klona.  Actually, cheese is not spicy, no!"
E: "Ye-es, Klina, cheese is spiiiiicy."
Jo:  "NO, Klona, I'm Diego!!!!"

No comments: