Monday, May 11, 2009

Since December.

I was just looking at my posts from December.

1) What a big, smiling-but-sometimes-crying inexplicable Momma's girl Josephine has become. It is hard to imagine that the time she's been out in the world is only 4/13ths of the time she's been in existence as a whole. Not to get all moment-of-conception on anyone, but as a scientific fact, that is wild! And, since birth, my how she has changed. I can't help but marvel at how just over a year ago, she actually did not exist. And then she was made, and she has been growing and morphing ever since. She sure can be a crier, but she is momma's snuggle buddy. And, I love that.

2) Eleanor's face. Wow. I mean, when I look back or talk to friends who saw Eleanor in December, it both breaks my heart AND makes me feel SO lucky. (Someday, maybe I'll post the pictures on here of Eleanor's face post-bite, but probably not. It was really, very bad.) But, today, she is healthy and beautiful, and miraculously, her scars are fading fast. I know I can't protect her forever, just like I couldn't protect her that day. But, providence was on her side. And, every day, we are so thankful that she is safe and sound (and lovely).

No comments: