Sunday, December 24, 2006

Have Yourself a Merry Very Little Christmas.

It is Christmas Eve as I start this post, and will most likely be Christmas Day (or beyond) when it hits your screen. (26 hours) Okay, now it is night time, Christmas Day. No wonder I don't post for weeks - I can hardly focus long enough to write one sentence. :o)

Nonetheless, we had an amazing Christmas! The day was incredibly fun, as was Christmas Eve! We saw our families, opened gifts, and ate a delicious variety of food. The day was painted with very mixed feelings for us. I missed Sophie tremendously, and spent much of the day imagining what my little angel would have been doing, wearing, saying, etc. While the day strongly lacked her presence for us, we did have the chance to relay our exciting new blessing. We are expecting yet again - 14 weeks along. :o) Although the pain of missing our daughter hasn't diminished, we are lucky to be given another chance to bring a baby into the world.

So much more to come...

6 comments:

Lora said...

I'm crying right now!!!

Congratulations!!! I can't imagine all the emotions you must be feeling right now, but I hope you find the most comfort in the good ones.

Oh, and I had a 6th sense about your big news and actually read your blog backwards to see if the good news was at the end first. Hmm...ESP? I don't know!

Merry Christmas!

Rachel said...

Oh What wonderful news! Congratulations! I wasn't as tuned in as Lora but I have been suspecting it wouldn't be long. Is it wierd to think like that about someone you only know through blobbing? Oh well. Does that mean we get to see more updates? I hope so. Congrats again! :)

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh! I seriously gasped as I read your post. CONGRATULATIONS! Unlike Lora, I had no clue whatsoever, so this was truly a surprise - and a wonderful one at that.

Oh, I am just deliriously happy for you. You and Bill deserve this. Again, congratulations!

Bickerstaff said...

Congrats Catherine!!!

I am so happy for you! I don't think any news has made me feel this happy and at peace for some time now! I am so excited for you all... as the tears run down my face!

Congratulations!!

Rachel said...

As I go back to read the other comments on your wonderful news, I realize I wrote 'blobbing' instead of 'blogging'. Now that just about explains how I feel now. I'm so sleep deprived I feel like I just blob through the day. The silly part is, I feel like it's such a blessing. Anyway, please excuse my typo.

Anonymous said...

It's going to be babies galore this summer!! Anne, my sister's friend, is having a boy. Melissa has yet to find out. But her house is being put up for sale soon, so you might have a baby neighbor soon.